It is not unusual to detect unknown software on computer systems. Identifying if the software is malicious or benign is a critical (and expensive) task. This course aims to develop skills to perform basic Malware Reverse Engineering.
The goal of this course is to set up a malware laboratory for each student and to get introduced into the most successful malware reverse engineering strategies.
- Get an overview of malware analysis techniques
- Create a custom lab environment
- Be able to collect indicators if a file is malicious or benign
- Develop strategies to collect Indicators of Compromise (IOCs)
- Build-up some solid grounds for further studies